- Stop comparing yourself to others.
- Stop putting yourself down, and attacking yourself with your own thoughts and words.
- Don't reject compliments. Instead of automatically brushing them off, recognise that what has been said is true.
- Deliberately affirm yourself with positive statements like "I am a valuable person; I am unique and have talents and gifts; I am likeable and loveable." Think The Help; "You is kind, you is smart, you is important."
- Surround yourself with positive people who can see and affirm your worth and value. At the same time avoid critical and negative people who get a kick out of putting others down.
- Make a list of the goals you have achieved, and your minor and major successes in life.
- Make a list of your top 10 traits and remind yourself of these important qualities.
- Be true to yourself. It's important that you live an authentic life and be the person you were meant to be. Don't try to be a replica of anybody else. You have so much to offer - so always be yourself.
It's worth thinking about. Trust me on this one.